At all times, a person constantly tried to improve his life. And even at the present stage, in the era of the development of high technologies, the problem does not lose its relevance. There are so many interesting, unseen, unknown things around, and a person must spend a lot of time and effort to ensure an adequate level of his life support. The kitchen faucet with flexible spout helps you overcome your daily household chores.
- 1 The main varieties of kitchen faucets with a shower
- 2 Materials for making kitchen faucets with flexible spout
- 3 Features of the functioning of kitchen faucets with a watering can
- 4 Semi-professional kitchen taps with pull-out spout
- 5 Model overview of semi-professional flexible kitchen faucets
- 6 Shape and design of kitchen taps with pull-out spray
- 7 Is it possible to purchase the flexible spout for the kitchen faucet separately?
- 8 How to install a kitchen faucet with flexible hose yourself
- 9 Kitchen faucet with flexible spout: selection algorithm
- 10 Kitchen faucet with pull-out spray: user reviews
The main varieties of kitchen faucets with a shower
Almost no kitchen process is complete without the use of tap water. Therefore, there is no need to talk about how important a convenient faucet and sink are. A low tap prevents large objects from being washed and high containers from being filled with water. When the gander is raised significantly, the water splashes, hitting the bottom of the shell.
To solve all of the above problems, a shower mixer with a pull-out spray was developed for the kitchen. The advent of this design made it possible to direct the flow to any desired place and to fill vessels with water even outside the sink.
Based on the features of their functioning, there are several types of mixers with a flexible spout:
- Kitchen showers. Externally, the body has no additional structural elements. If you pull on the spout, it will separate and turn into a watering can with a flexible hose.
- Semi-professional models. A flexible hose with a nozzle is installed parallel to the stationary mixer branch pipe.
- Mixer with removable nozzle. There is no hose, no retractable parts, but the high-raised spout and water divider provide additional options.
Flexible kitchen faucets can have different modifications, which differ in size, method of attachment, materials of manufacture and features of functioning.
Materials for making kitchen faucets with flexible spout
The list of metals from which modern kitchen faucets are made is quite large. These can be both homogeneous compositions and alloys. The most common materials used in the flexible hose kitchen taps are:
- stainless steel;
The main part of the mixers is made of brass. It is a rather heavy and durable alloy of copper and zinc. The products are reliable, durable and reasonably priced. Mixers made of stainless steel are extremely rare. They are inexpensive, but have a limited lifespan.
Chromium and nickel are used as protective and decorative coatings. They create a smooth surface that prevents oxidation of the metal of the base part, and allow you to maintain the aesthetics of products. Chromium-nickel coating is easy to clean, resistant to aggressive cleaning agents.
Recently, there has been an increase in the production of kitchen taps with flexible spouts made of ceramic. These are very expensive options, but they are distinguished by their presentable appearance and long service life. Copper and bronze items are most often exclusive options. These are also expensive models with an original design. Mixers made of these metals require special cleaning methods, rather troublesome and time consuming.
Useful advice! When purchasing a faucet for the kitchen, you should definitely consult on how to care for the product. Sometimes even minor mistakes can damage the top layer and lose its aesthetics.
Features of the functioning of kitchen faucets with a watering can
One of the components of the ergonomics of kitchen faucets is the way the water flow is turned on and off. Given this functional feature, there are three types of flexible mixers:
- Valve. In the lower part of the spout, on both sides, there are valves that, when rotated, open a stream of hot or cold water. Quite a complex method of operation, involving the obligatory employment of at least one hand for a relatively long time (and, if desired, to speed up the setting of the required temperature - and two) to ensure optimal water flow.
- Lever. They have one lever, depending on the offset side, the temperature and intensity of the water jet are adjusted. The lever is much easier to use than the valves.
- Sensory. The most convenient option, since it does not imply physical contact to open water: the sensor reacts to the approach of hands. However, to achieve the desired flow rate and temperature, mechanical adjustment still exists on such flexible spout kitchen mixers.
The price scale of kitchen faucets corresponds to the above placement order: the cheapest are valve mixers, the more expensive are lever mixers, and the premium class is sensor models. In terms of durability, each option has structural vulnerabilities that significantly affect the durability of operation.
Mounting methods for kitchen faucets with a pull-out spray
Depending on the size and shape of the sink, the way of fixing the mixer can be selected. There are three standard options.
Sink attachment. Most of the sinks offered by manufacturers already have a hole. In this case mixer for a kitchen with a watering can and a spout installed in a strictly designated place.If there is no hole, you must make it yourself using certain tools.
Fastening to a table top. For this installation method, a hole is made in the kitchen work surface. Here, too, it is worth considering the shape and size of the spout, as well as the remoteness of the location of the sink, in order to ensure the correct entry of the water jet.
Wall mounting. For this option, you must purchase the appropriate kitchen faucet model. The pull-out spout for such options is classic - a hose with a watering can extending from the main pipe. The opening method is mainly lever-operated. The constructions are quite large, have a rigid mount with water pipes. Such models are installed during the renovation, before the installation of kitchen furniture, since pipes are required to be embedded in the walls.
It should be noted that the large size of wall-mounted mixers does not mean that a large flow of water can be supplied.
Important! When choosing a place to install the mixer on a sink without an opening, it should be borne in mind that the water flow without using a pull-out shower must fall into the center of the sink.
Semi-professional kitchen taps with pull-out spout
Semi-professional mixers are especially popular with housewives. They feature a special design where a hose with a splitter complements the main spout. So that the soft element of such a mixer with a watering can is not damaged, as well as to ensure rigidity, the part of the hose located above the spout is closed with a spiral metal frame.
Such mixers are convenient when there are two or more bowls, as they can supply water to a remote distance and at any angle. Using a retractable hose of this design is simple: just make a simple movement with one hand.
There are also semi-professional models of sink mixers with a pull-out spray, where the flexible hose is not the top addition to the main spout, but is attached parallel to it. In this design, the moving part also has a rigid metal frame.
According to customer reviews, it is these mixers that are the most durable. However, they are distinguished by their high cost.
Useful advice! When buying a semi-professional mixer, you should choose the model with the optimal hose length. For structures with a retractable part 100 cm long or more, during operation, loops may form at the place where the hose is laid.
Model overview of semi-professional flexible kitchen faucets
Semi-professional models have a separate shower. The nozzle has a regulator, by switching which you can set a certain type of jet. Another feature of these faucets with a pull-out spray can be considered a high intensity of water supply. The pressure in the hoses fixed next to the main spout is significantly higher than in the compact models, where they extend from the main spout.
Reginox Ledro Chrome and Omoikiri Kanto are among the most popular semi-professional faucets with a retractable hose.
Reginox Ledro Chrome. The product is made in Europe and of the corresponding quality level. The pull-out hose is located above the main spout, so there is no need to make an additional hole or expand an existing one during installation. The mixer has a chrome finish, compact dimensions. The price of such a model is 48-50 thousand rubles.
Omoikiri Kanto. Japanese-made model. In addition to the main one, this kitchen mixer with a watering can has an additional spout for drinking water, which requires the installation of a filter.The body is made of brass, but the coating can be chosen to your taste: metallic glossy, "gold", "bronze", "stainless steel", etc. The price of such a mixer is 23-25 thousand rubles.
All models of faucets with a pull-out shower presented on the domestic market are imported.
Affordable price and high quality: Grohe pull-out kitchen faucet
Particularly noteworthy are mixers with a shower head from the German manufacturer Grohe. Almost all models have a convenient lever control. Only a few exclusive options are equipped with valves that complement the product's design in an original way.
The shower element is integrated into the main spout, so the mixers look compact. Among the offered models you can find a variant with a low gander, with an original large-sized watering can and a coating imitating granite of different shades.
The basis is made up of options with a high gander, which has a rather steep bend in the upper part and a neat watering can, which is made of a polymer of a special quality that resists the appearance of plaque on its surface. All metal elements of these mixers are chrome plated. The flexible mixer spout is made of metal-reinforced rubber.
Grohe kitchen faucets with a shower are distinguished by an affordable price. For example, a single-lever version with a hose length of 100 cm, made of brass and having a chrome finish, can be bought for 15 thousand rubles.
Useful advice! When purchasing a Grohe mixer (and any other), you need to ensure that instructions are attached to the kit. This manufacturer has it compiled correctly and accessible, so it is quite possible to carry out the installation yourself.
Shape and design of kitchen taps with pull-out spray
Having understood the technical characteristics and methods of functioning of various models of faucets with a flexible spout, it is worth turning your attention to the design of these products. Most of all, the quality of the coating affects the compliance with the interior. It can be matte or glossy, metallic, or other shades including reds, blues and purples.
Varieties of thermo mixers. Major manufacturers and popular models. Installation sequence.
If minimalism is chosen as the design style, the standard shape and shiny chrome finish will be appropriate. In a more elaborate interior, you can choose an option where the shape of the watering can resemble a tulip or have another intricate shape. Bronze or copper faucets will perfectly complement a classic kitchen or ethno, loft styles.
For those who like to have contrasting shades in the interior, a black faucet with a pull-out watering can certainly be used for the kitchen. Some parts of household appliances of this color will add completeness to the design.
Both the size and the shape of the mixers are important to create a harmonious interior. The gracefully curved high spouts must match the shape of the sink bowl to create a cohesive composition. Massive models of wall-mounted mixers should be installed with the appropriate dimensions of the kitchen furniture, especially the work surface.
Is it possible to purchase the flexible spout for the kitchen faucet separately?
A flexible spout, that is, a pull-out hose, like any other structural element, can become unusable. There are various reasons for this result:
- frequent maximum tension;
- improper care or lack thereof;
- features of the chemical composition of the water passing through it.
Most often, a watering can becomes unusable on a flexible spout for a kitchen mixer: holes are clogged, plastic inserts burst, threads are damaged, etc. The process of replacing itself is not difficult, but finding the necessary element is not always possible. It is much easier to find a replacement watering can for inexpensive Chinese retractable hoses than for branded models. And this is understandable. After all, manufacturers who follow their reputation give a guarantee for the mixer operation for at least 5 years.
Useful advice! When purchasing a mixer with a retractable hose, you should inquire about the repair possibilities if necessary.
The situation with the replacement of the hose is somewhat simpler. A flexible spout for a kitchen faucet is much easier to purchase. Naturally, it is better to find a "native" spare part, but sometimes analogs can perfectly fulfill their function. The main thing is the appropriate dimensions, identical fastening elements and connections, allowing the watering can to function fully.
How to install a kitchen faucet with flexible hose yourself
If you wish, replacing a conventional mixer with a model with a pull-out shower will not be difficult. To complete this task, you will need the following set of tools:
- adjustable wrench;
- adjustable wrench;
All elements necessary for installation are included with the mixer. Only flexible hoses for connecting water and a pad may be missing. These parts will have to be purchased additionally.
The sequence of actions can be as follows:
- Close the hot and cold water supply valves, dismantle the old mixer.
- Connect flexible hoses to the mixer, pass them through the hole in the sink (or countertop).
- Install the mixer. Tighten the nut under the sink (or countertop) using an adjustable wrench, after putting on the washer and gasket.
- A mixer with a flexible neck must have a sinker. It restrains the pull-out and returns the hose to its original position. It must be set at the desired level and checked for efficiency.
- Connect flexible hoses to hot and cold water pipes. They are color coded: blue for cold water, red for hot water.
Important! While tightening the nut, fix the mixer in the desired position. This may require the help of another person.
After completing all the work, it is imperative to remove the divider and spill a sufficient flow of water so that during operation the filter does not become clogged with debris formed during installation.
Kitchen faucet with flexible spout: selection algorithm
In this section of the article, practically no new information will be posted. Rather, it is an emphasis on certain points that will help when choosing a mixer with a pull-out spray. Pre-assessment is best done in the following order:
- The quality of the material. The price and service life depend on it to the greatest extent. Moreover, it is worth paying attention not only to the case, but also to additional elements.
- Management type. Lever control is simpler, valve control is more familiar to many, touch control is expensive.
- Features of the shut-off valve. For lever models - this is a cartridge... It can be ceramic (the most expensive and durable, but solid particles must not be allowed to enter), spherical (cheaper, durable, but can lose the necessary mobility), plastic (cheap, but short-lived).
- The height of the spout and how the pull-out hose is positioned. The sizes should be chosen depending on the dimensions of the sink, the place of attachment of the retractable hose is at the discretion, given that in semi-professional models, switching to the shower is much easier.
- Additional functionality: the ability to supply drinking water.
- Appearance. It should be taken into account that the mixer design matches the appearance of the sink and the design of the kitchen as a whole.
- Reviews. Faucets with a flexible spout for the kitchen are not new, the opinions of users have already developed in a certain way, so it will not be superfluous to get to know them.
Kitchen faucet with pull-out spray: user reviews
The opinion of those who have been using a flexible kitchen faucet for a long time is very important. Reviews allow you to take into account the nuances that neither manufacturers nor managers of selling companies pay attention to. In general, there are no opinions about the uselessness of a retractable hose, everyone notes the ease of use. However, there are still some problematic points.
“I put an expensive mixer, not cheap, in China, for almost thirty thousand. I have no complaints about the work. I can't say that water is used sparingly, but the quality comforts, under pressure from a close distance all the dirt is washed off. But the problem with cleaning. At first, everything was washed off with a metal spiral only with a soapy sponge. Now I brush it with a brush. The instructions say that detergents should be gentle, but they do not wash. It is difficult to say what kind of cleaning the manufacturer intended. The appearance began to upset me. "
“We don't use the retractable hose often, but it's good that we have one. Sometimes you just can't cope without it. Only now I began to get involved badly, I need to push. The mixer under warranty will probably have to go to the service center with a problem. "
“We don't have a dishwasher. I use the products, so I rinse the dishes under the shower, it washes away more reliably. The faucet is new, it is worth the second year, it works properly. But it was necessary to install another sink when replacing the old one. She has a depth of only 17 cm, water often splashes past the sink, always wet, whole puddles. Still, a bowl needs a large and deep under the pull-out watering can. "
“We decided to buy an unusual mixer model. It is matte, looks like copper. At first I liked it, but now they realized that it would be better to buy a shiny chrome. This mixer does not clean well, and after two days there is no trace left, it is covered in plaque. It turns out that it is always dirty, it looks beautiful only for a few hours after cleaning. And every time I take off my nose, otherwise I won't get to the raid at all. "
Convenience when washing dishes and other items is a prerequisite for a comfortable kitchen. Only with a serious approach to the choice of a mixer can we ensure the unity of good functionality and matching the interior. Manufacturers offer a huge selection of models, and every buyer should be able to understand their specifics.